SAVE International is a project of Earth Island Institute.
[ July 17, 2014] BREAKING NEWS – The EIA for Road 1-4 through the Jiading Wetland in southwestern Taiwan was approved today, despite intense pressure from SAVE International and local environmental non-profits over the past few months. Jiading Wetland was recently identified as the winter habitat for over 200 Black-Faced Spoonbills (nearly 8% of the world population), which qualifies it for classification as a wetland of international importance based on the Ramsar Convention. Construction of Road 1-4 endangers this habitat and its vital BFS population.
SAVE International will continue to protest the road’s construction, but we need your help to continue the fight! Please email us at email@example.com if you are are willing to sign your name to a letter.
Click here for the latest on Jiading.
Please click on the following links or the menu above to navigate our site:
- About:Read about SAVE’s mission, and who we are.
- Research: Learn more about the Black-faced Spoonbill, and access SAVE’s research and resources on the endangered bird.
- SAVE in Action: Read about SAVE’s past and current campaigns.
- Media: Access our media room to download SAVE’s newsletters, official press-kit, presentations and files, and related press coverage.
- Get Involved: Learn how you can get involved with our campaigns, support our work, or contact us.
Click here to join SAVE on Facebook!