SAVE International is a sponsored project of Earth Island Institute.
To protect the critically endangered Black-faced Spoonbill (Platalea minor) and its habitat throughout its flyway by promoting alternative economic development and long-term sustainability of the ecosystems and local communities.
- Our colleagues in Taiwan have produced a compelling 9-minute video about Taiwan’s “conflict of greens”, unfolding in the wetlands of the southwestern coast, where the government is building industrial-scale solar farms on former saltpans and fishponds, despite scientific evidence that these places support internationally important populations of Black-faced Spoonbills and other species, and support traditional fishing jobs.
- Check out the 20th anniversary issue of Spoonbills Speak, our newsletter. Download PDFs of the new issue and past issues from the Spoonbills Speak page.
Please click on the following links or the menu above to navigate our site:
- About:Read about SAVE’s mission, actions, and history, and who we are.
- Research: Learn more about the Black-faced Spoonbill, and access SAVE’s research and resources on the endangered bird.
- SAVE in Action: Read about SAVE’s past and current campaigns.
- Media: Access our media room to download SAVE’s newsletters, official press-kit, presentations and files, and related press coverage.
- Get Involved: Learn how you can get involved with our campaigns, donate to support our work, or contact us.
Click here to join SAVE on Facebook!